BROOKFIELD PUBLIC SAFETY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Wednesday JULY 13, 2017 5:30 PM, Brookfield Town Clerk’s Office, Ralph Road, Brookfield, VT
Attending were the following PSAC members: Stuart Edson, Kevin Joyal, and Lew Stowell.
- Review and Approve Minutes of July 19, 2017 Meeting. Unanimous Approval.
- Questions or Issues Brought by Members of The Public: No members of the public attended.
- Continuing Review of OCSD Activities, Reports and Bills. The Committee will continue to monitor availability of OCSD officers upon request. L Stowell will clarify OCSD billing cycle with John Benson.
- Discussion of The Status of The Brookfield Traffic Ordinance Revision. L Stowell will contact John Benson for the status of the revision.
- Discuss Having Monthly Public Safety Messages on the Town Website. L Stowell will send a copy of the September Safety Message to S Edson for addition to the town website. S Edson to confirm approval from John Benson.
- Discussion of Recommending a Public Nuisance Ordinance. Members confirmed ordinance was amended on 11/24/2014. Members to read the amended ordinance and bring suggestions about animals to include domestic fowl in town highways to the next meeting. L Stowell to determine if Select Board is in the process of revising the ordinance.
- Review Status of The Traffic and Road Signs in Brookfield. Members noted that signs noted as damaged or missing in the inventory have not been replaced and that even more signs have been damaged or have gone missing since then. L Stowell to email John Benson for status.
- Discussion of Pond Village & Stone Road Parking Status. Committee to await sale of Ariel’s to see the future use of the property. L Stowell to confirm the legal width of the Stone Road right of way and to discuss future enforcement of illegal parking with Sheriff Bohnyak.
- Discussion of Post Office Outdoor Bulletin Board Status. Members felt that although a bit small the new enclosed bulletin board was very user friendly. The PSAC will include it as one of the official sites to post required documents.
- Setting the Next Meeting. The next PSAC meeting will be on October 18, 2017 at 5:30 at the Town Clerk’s Office.
- Inviting Guests to The Next Meeting. No special guests will be invited to the next meeting.
- The meeting was adjourned at 6:34 PM.