Dec 152017
 

BROOKFIELD PUBLIC SAFETY ADVISORY COMMITTEE

WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 13, 2017 5:30 PM

BROOKFIELD TOWN CLERK’S OFFICE

RALPH ROAD, BROOKFIELD, VT

UNAPPROVED MINUTES

Attendees: Lew Stowell, Stuart Edson, Joy Kacik, Kevin Joyal

  1. Review and Approve Minutes of November 15, 2017. Reviewed and unanimously approved.
  2. Questions or Issues Brought by Members of the Public. None attended. There was discussion about emails relating to supporting a 25 MPH limit on Stone Road in Pond Village.
  3. Continuing Review of OCSD Activities, Reports and Bills. November OCSD bill not yet received.
  4. Discussion of Goals and Objectives for Law Enforcement in Brookfield. Joy Kacik will send the previous document to OCSD and speak with Sheriff Bohnyak to prepare a handout or presentation at the March Town Meeting.  Stuart Edson to contact VSP to learn of possible recent Law Enforcement options.
  5. Continuing Review of Pond Village and Stone Road Parking Status. Stuart and Lew Stowell will develop a sign implementation plan concerning Stone Road for presentation to the Select Board.
  6. Report on the Status of the Revision of the Brookfield Traffic Ordinance Revision. The Select Board approved the Traffic Ordinance developed by the committee at the public meeting on December 11, 2017.
  7. Review Status of Traffic and Road Signs in Brookfield. There was continuing discussion on implementation of sign replacement.
  8. Discussion of movable speed display signs. Stuart to call Mardee Sanchez, Randolph Zoning Administrator for information on Randolph’s signs. Lew to contact Ted Goulett at Reynolds & Sons.  Lew and Stuart to develop a speed display sign item for the FY 2019 Budget.
  9. Establishing priorities of sign placement or replacement. Stuart will sort the missing, damaged and required sign list to fit three priority categories.
  10. December Public Safety Message. Stuart will look to see if a November message was published.  If not, he will use the November message for December.  Otherwise Lew will create a new one.
  11. Discussion of Disaster Preparedness in Brookfield. Lew will contact Kasey Peterson for copies of current Brookfield plans relating to disaster preparedness.
  12. Setting the Next Meeting. January 24, 2018 at 5:30 PM.
  13. Inviting Guests to the Next Meeting. None to be invited.
  14. Adjourned at 6:37 PM.