The Brookfield Board of Adjustment will hold a public hearing on June 30, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. at 3286 VT Route 65, Brookfield, VT to review the following request submitted under the Brookfield Development Bylaws:
Stephen Reid requested a potential variance under Section 3.10 of the Development Bylaws. The proposed variance would be for construction of a 860 Square foot addition on the property owned by Josey Hastings and Gabriel Archdeacon located at 3286 VT Route 65, Brookfield, VT with less than the required setback established under Section 2.1(E)(4) of the Bylaws. The Board of Adjustment will need to review the proposed site plans, with a site visit scheduled for June 30, 2021 at 6:00p.m.
Copies of the application are available for review at the Brookfield Town Clerk’s Office. Hours are Tuesday to Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Special Election as voted for at Town Meeting 5/22/2021 for 2 additional Selectboard Members. Will be held at the Brookfield Town Office, 40 Ralph Road from 9:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
The Brookfield Board of Civil Authority will be reviewing the voter checklist as required by State Statute, every odd-numbered year, before September 15th. (17 V.S.A. §2150(c)). The Board will be meeting at the Brookfield Town Office on Sunday, August 29th at 9:00 a.m. This is open to the public. Masks and hand sanitizer will be required if you plan on attending.
“Brookfield Town Office will be closed September 27th through October 4th for vacation. The office will reopen on October 5th with normal hours. Researchers please plan accordingly. “
BROOKFIELD PUBLIC SAFETY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
NOTICE AND AGENDA FOR AN IN-PERSON MEETING
The Brookfield Public Safety Advisory Committee will meet in person at the Brookfield Congregational Church on the first floor at 5:30 PM on Wednesday, January 19, 2022.
The space at the church is sufficient for social distancing which is recommended. Interested members of the public may attend.
The following guidelines that pertain to meetings have been adopted by the Brookfield Select Board on June 15, 2021.
– Masks will no longer be mandatory for vaccinated individuals. If for any reason you are more comfortable wearing a mask, then you are more than welcome to do so.
– Please be advised that by not wearing a mask you are attesting to the fact that you are “fully vaccinated”.
– The term “fully vaccinated” indicates that you have received your second shot of vaccine, or your single dose vaccine, at least 14 days ago.
– All attendees, regardless of vaccination status should continue to monitor their health status and potential symptoms and not attend if they are unwell.
– If you are not “fully vaccinated”, you must continue to practice all safety protocols including wearing a mask in the presence of others and socially distancing.
If there are any further recommendations/guidelines from the state or the select board, a notice about this meeting will be posted including Front Porch Forum. If Covid conditions change and an in-person meeting is not advisable, we will revert to a remote meeting. If that occurs, you will be informed and the meeting info will be provided.
– If you have questions regarding the meeting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
BROOKFIELD PUBLIC SAFETY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
BROOKFIELD CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH, FIRST FLOOR
WEDNESDAY JANUARY 19, 2022, 5:30 PM
5:30 PM: Call to Order (5:35 PM if the meeting has to be held remotely.)
- Additions or deletions to the agenda
- Review, revise or approve the December 15, 2021 meeting minutes.
- Questions or Issues Brought by Members of the Public-
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety- Grant and participation exploration-
- Review and Discussion of OCSD Activities including Patrol Hours, Reports and Bills-
- Review of Public Safety 2021 Annual Report-
- Speed Cart Deployments-Review-
- Traffic, Road Name and Weight Limit Sign Status-
- Traffic Ordinance Status-
- Parking Issues in Brookfield-
- February Public Safety Message-
- Setting the Next Meeting-
- Inviting Guests to the Next Meeting-
- Final Public Comment-
Entertain a motion to adjourn the meeting.
The Brookfield Ice Harvest will be held Saturday, January 29th from 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. at the Brookfield Floating Bridge. Additionally to the historical ice harvesting, there will be ice skating and sledding. Refreshments will NOT be available this year. Hope to see you there!