Town of Brookfield
October 8, 2018 at 6:30 P.M.
Town Clerk’s Office
Present: John Benson (Chair), Cory Haggett, Jeff Kimmel, Curtis Koren, Ted Elzey
- Call to Order – 6:34 p.m.
- Adjustments to Agenda – None
- Public Comment: Ms. Koren and Mr. Elzey reported on a Sept. 26 meeting of interested citizens seeking to have Pond Village regain eligibility as a Designated Village Center under the state program offered by the Agency of Commerce & Community Development, Department of Housing and Community Development. Mr. Haggett had also attended the meeting. Pond Village had previously been included in the program, but the designation had lapsed. The program has the potential to improve access to grants, financial incentives, and tax credits for development in Pond Village, along with encouraging potential buyers for business properties available in the area. The Board suggested that the proposed coverage area might be extended east on Route 65 to include the Post Office property. The Board encouraged Ms. Koren and Mr. Elzey to move forward with drafting an application for the program, which would subsequently be submitted to the Board for approval and forwarding to the state DHCD.
- New Business: Highway – Ray Peck (Road Crew Foreman) was not available for the meeting. An update on Road Crew activities will be provided at the next Board meeting.
- Old Business:
- Approve Minutes of September 10, 2018 meeting: deferred.
- Haggett made a motion to approve the September 24, 2018 meeting minutes (as amended), Mr. Kimmel second: 3-0-0.
- Payroll/AP Warrants: Haggett made a motion to pay the warrants totaling $15,972.05 with large bills that include: R.E. Tucker (gravel): $9,676.00; VT DEC – Watershed Management (state permit fees): $1,750.00; TENCO New England Inc. (plow parts): $1,326.04. Mr. Benson second: 3-0-0.
- Other Proper Business: Valley Bowl Inc. submitted an application to “Cater Malt, Vinous and/or Spirituous Liquors” at an October 13 wedding reception (4:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.) at the Old Town Hall in Pond Village. Mr. Haggett made a motion to approve the application, pending review by the Town Clerk and receipt of appropriate fees; Mr. Kimmel second: 3-0-0.
- Mr. Haggett made a motion to adjourn at 7:01 p.m., Mr. Kimmel second: 3-0-0.