BROOKFIELD PUBLIC SAFETY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
BROOKFIELD TOWN OFFICE
WEDNESDAY 11/16/2022 5:30 PM
MEETING UNAPPROVED MINUTES
The following members attended: Michael Rutkovsky, Stuart Edson, Dan Mason and Lew Stowell.
- 5:30: Call To Order. There were no additions or deletions to the agenda. Review, revise or approve the October 21, 2022 meeting minutes. Reviewed and approved 4-0-0
- Questions or issues brought by members of the public. No members of the public attended.
- Review and Discussion of OCSD activities including patrol hours, bills and reports. There was discussion of the possible impacts of the Orange County Sheriff’s election to the town of Brookfield and surrounding towns. No action was taken pending the results of the recount.
- E-911 House Number Signs Project Status. The order has been sent in and we are awaiting receipt of the signs. The next order should be done after the Brookfield E-911 House Number System is reviewed and corrected if needed.
- Vehicle, Pedestrian, Horse and Bicycle Safety. There was discussion about how to reduce speeding on town highways such as Ridge Road and Stone Road and how to mitigate possible road rage. Public education was considered the best option at this time.
- Traffic Sign Deployment Status. S. Edson to request a status report from K. Sprague about the number of traffic signs on hand, installed this year and the number still missing or damaged.
- Traffic Ordinance Approval Status. The new Traffic Ordinance has been approved by the Select Board. Town Website Improvement Status. The web site is being improved and S. Edson will provide a demonstration at next month’s meeting.
- November Public Safety Message. The message was approved and L Stowell will put it on Front Porch Forum and S. Edson will put it on the town website.
- L. Stowell requesting safety video links from AOT Setting the time and date of the next meeting.
- The December meeting will be on the 21st at 5:30 PM at the Town Office.
- Inviting a guest(s) to the next meeting. Because of the holidays no guests will be invited. Final Public Comment.
- No members of the public attended.
- Entertain a motion to adjourn the meeting. The meeting was adjourned at 7:04 PM by a vote of 4-0-0.