Brookfield Planning Commission Meeting Minutes (DRAFT)
April 14, 2015 7:00 p.m.
Members present: Aaron Adler, Chair; Martha Judy; Will White, Jeff Girard
- Call to Order
Aaron Adler, Chair, determined that there was a quorum of members and commenced the meeting at 7:00 p.m. Mr. Adler reviewed the agenda for the meeting.
- March Meeting Minutes
The Commission reviewed the draft meeting minutes from March. The Commission unanimously approved the minutes.
- Executive Session, AT&T Section 248a Docket, West Street
The Chair moved that the Commission go into executive session to discuss Public Service Board Docket No. 8487, the Section 248a application by AT&T for a telecommunications facility on West Street. The Commission voted unanimously to enter executive session at 7:05 p.m. The Commission exited executive session at 8:35 p.m. The Commission then unanimously approved the following on motion of the Chair:
- To file a response to AT&T’s motion to lift the stay indicating that it is too late to lift the stay and resume proceeding, and the Board should dismiss the case pursuant to the Commission’s pending motion to dismiss. In the alternative, the Board should set the matter for hearing with opportunity for presentation of evidence and argument and for cross-examination.
- To file, in the alternative to dismissal, further comments and recommendations to the effect that, when correctly viewed, the additional information filed since the Planning Commission’s initial comments demonstrates that the proposed project will not comply with the Town Plan and will have an undue adverse effect on aesthetics.
- The Chair is authorized to make filings with the Board consistent with the above.
- 45-day Notice under § 248a from Verizon Wireless, West Street
There was discussion regarding the 45-day notice received under Section 248a from Verizon Wireless for another facility on West Street. The Chair reported that the notice is dated April 1 but was postmarked April 7. Commissioners did not believe the packet provided by Verizon Wireless was adequate to fully understand the project. Ms. Judy moved that the Planning Commission through the Chair send Verizon Wireless a letter stating the Commission’s view on the 45-day period running from April 7 and the insufficiency of information in the notice received; requesting that Verizon provide sufficient information, preferably through a refiled notice with a copy of the application, with the 45-day period restarting on receipt of the complete package; and to offer Verizon representatives a public meeting once the additional information is received. The motion was approved unanimously.
- Meeting Adjourned.
The meeting adjourned at 8:00 p.m.