Town of Brookfield
Public Safety Advisory Committee
OCTOBER PUBLIC SAFETY TIPS
October is not necessarily the worst month for burglaries, vandalism and theft but it is a time when we are all tightening up our homes for Winter and we can also look at our homes and businesses as potential targets of thieves and vandals. Here are few things you might consider:
- Do you routinely lock your vehicle(s) when you leave it/them unattended?
- What about when parked at work or at home?
- Do you routinely leave valuables in your vehicles when unattended whether locked or not? Will your insurance policy cover them if stolen or damaged?
- Do you lock your outbuildings, garage and home when you are not home?
- Do all of your windows have locks?
- Do you lock your windows when you leave home?
- Do you lock your doors when you leave home, even for a short trip?
- Do you have a current inventory of your valuables to include brand, model and serial number so you could fill out a theft report to the police and prove your ownership if they are recovered?
- Do you have a camera or alarm system?
We don’t want your answers to these questions. They are for you to consider. The correct answers will vary from person to person. We are not dictating what you should do. We are just suggesting that you consider these and other security issues at your home or business before something happens.
For more information about the the Public Safety Advisory Committee, or to share non-emergency concerns, please email us at email@example.com
Emergency and Other Important Numbers
TOWN CLERK 276-3352
TOWN CONSTABLE (for animal control) Kevin Joyal 249-9561
TOWN GARAGE 276-3090
State Police Dispatch 234-9933
White River Valley Ambulance 802-234-6800
Northfield Ambulance 485-8550
Orange County Sheriff 685-4875
Vermont State Police 234-9933
Williamstown Rescue Unit 476-4111
Brookfield Elementary School 276-3153
Randolph Union High School 728-3397
Randolph Technical Career Center 728-9595