Town of Brookfield
Public Safety Advisory Committee
NOVEMBER 2019 SAFETY TIPS
These tips are intended for residents, visitors and property owners of Brookfield, VT but may apply to neighboring towns as well.
November is already upon us with early snow, ice and wind.
- It is time to drive slower on snow and ice-covered roadways.
- Have your snow tires installed.
- Clean all the snow and ice off your vehicles, it’s the law.
- Also dress for the weather, in case of vehicle breakdowns.
- When at home and burning wood, make sure your chimney has been cleaned.
- Keep all combustible materials a safe distance from your wood stove or fireplace.
- Use caution when disposing of ashes, they can look like they are out, but reignite when exposed to air. Use a metal ash container with an airtight cover.
- With the holidays upon us, be careful with candles and open flames.
- When you turned back the clocks, did you change the batteries in your smoke and Carbon Monoxide detectors that require them?
Enjoy your thanksgiving!!!
BROOKFIELD PUBLIC SAFETY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Brookfield Public Safety Advisory Committee: Dan Mason, Michael Rutkovsky, Mike Stoddard, Stuart Edson and Lew Stowell.
For more information about the the Public Safety Advisory Committee, or to share non-emergency concerns, please email us at email@example.com
Emergency and Other Important Numbers
TOWN CLERK 276-3352
TOWN CONSTABLE (for animal control) Dan Mason
TOWN GARAGE 276-3090
State Police Dispatch 234-9933
White River Valley Ambulance 802-234-6800
Northfield Ambulance 485-8550
Orange County Sheriff 685-4875
Vermont State Police 234-9933
Williamstown Rescue Unit 476-4111
Brookfield Elementary School 276-3153
Randolph Union High School 728-3397
Randolph Technical Career Center 728-9595