Town of Brookfield, VT
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
The Town of Brookfield is requesting proposals from qualified contractors to perform sexton duties for the Brookfield Cemeteries. Responsibilities include:
- Check on cemeteries twice each week throughout the Summer and once each week in the Fall, to aid in maintenance of fences and stones.
- Sale of cemetery plots and production of cemetery deeds.
- Maintenance of maps and card files located at the Town Office.
- Install corner markers, mark out foundations, and review and approve/disapprove stone designs to be installed.
- Prepare a budget for the cemeteries.
- Place flags before Memorial Day and remove them in November.
The Town of Brookfield encourages bids from women/minority/economically disadvantaged businesses
Proof of Workers’ Compensation Insurance is required. Contract to run: 1 July 2020 through 30 June 2021. The Town reserves the right to negotiate a fee adjustment and extension of the contract for up to an additional 2 years.
Bids may be submitted by mail to: Brookfield Town Office, PO Box 463, Brookfield, VT 05036; or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by April 23, 2020.