Town of Brookfield
P. O. Box 463
Brookfield, VT 05036
NOTICE OF BOARD OF ABATEMENT HEARING
Pursuant to the provisions of 24 V.S.A. §1535 notice is hereby given that the Board of Abatement, within and for the Town of Brookfield, will meet on the 16th day of December, 2019 at 6:00 o’clock in the evening, at the Town Office in Brookfield.
Board of Abatement
By Teresa Godfrey Date _11/26/2019__
Copy: Three Public Places
Constance Karalekas 6:00 p.m. December 16, 2019
Joanna Doerfer for Jane Doerfer’s Estate 6:30 p.m. December 16, 2019
Appellant Time Date
* 24 V.S.A. §1535 states: the board may abate in whole or part taxes, interest, or collection fees accruing to the town in the following cases:
(1) Taxes of persons who have died insolvent;
(2) Taxes of persons who have removed from the state;
(3) Taxes of persons who are unable to pay their taxes, interest, and collection fees;
(4) Taxes in which there is manifest error or a mistake of the Listers;
(5) Taxes upon real or personal property lost or destroyed during the tax year;
(6) the exemption amount available under 32 V.S.A. § 3802(11) to persons otherwise eligible for exemption who file a claim on or after May 1 but before October 1 due to the claimant’s sickness or disability or other good cause as determined by the board of abatement; but that exemption amount shall be reduced by 20 percent of the total exemption for each month or portion of a month the claim is late filed.
(7), (8) [Repealed.]
(9) taxes upon a mobile home moved from the town during the tax year as a result of a change in use of the mobile home park land or parts thereof, or closure of the mobile home park in which the mobile home was sited, pursuant to 10 V.S.A. § 6237.