BROOKFIELD PUBLIC SAFETY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Wednesday April 25, 2018 5:30 PM
Brookfield Town Office
Ralph Road, Brookfield, VT
The following members attended: Stuart Edson, Mike Stoddard, Dan Mason, Gwynn Zakov, Michael Rutkovsky and Lew Stowell.
- Review and Approve Minutes of March 28, 2018: Reviewed and approved unanimously.
- Questions or Issues Brought by Members of the Public: None attended.
- Acknowledgment of Kevin Joyal’s resignation and past service to the committee and the town: Accepted with understanding of his new job schedule and thanks for his service to the committee and town.
- Continuing Review of OCSD Activities, Reports and Bills: No March report and bill was available. Existing OCSD contract provided to members. Zakov recommended that Select Board be more specific about expectations of OCSD next year. There was a discussion of what the new contract might say. Committee to send suggestions on additions to new contract with OCSD to the Select Board.
- Continuing Review of Parking Enforcement and Pond Village Traffic Signs on Stone Road: Edson advised that Deputy Kevin Wilson is researching the situation. There was discussion of what laws or regulations are being violated. G. Zakov to send applicable portions of VSA to members. S. Edson to look at deeds and surveys along Stone Road and the AOT website.
- Increasing Parking in Pond Village: S. Edson and L Stowell to visit the McBrides.
- Discussion of movable radar speed display signs: Northfield P.D. interview presented by L. Stowell. L. Stowell to email Sheriff Bohnyak on OCSD experience with radar speed display signs and availability of OCSD using theirs in Brookfield.
- Familiarity with Brookfield Ordinances and plans: Ordinances and plans provided to members.
- May Public Safety Message: Approved with improvements after discussion. Residents to be offered reflective metal E911 House Number Signs at cost. Mason to research details.
- Ridge Road Sign Project: Completed last week to include removal of time signs at the school.
- Setting the Next Meeting: May 23, 2018 at 5:30 PM.
- Inviting Guests to the Next Meeting: L. Stowell to invite OCSD Deputy Kevin Wilson to be a guest on May 23.
- Adjournment: Meeting adjourned at 7:30 PM.