BROOKFIELD PUBLIC SAFETY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
BROOKFIELD TOWN OFFICE
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 19, 2022 5:30 PM
The following members attended: Dan Mason, Michael Rutkovsky, Stuart Edson, Mike Stoddard, and Lew Stowell.
5:30 PM: Call to Order: There were no additions or deletions to the agenda.
- Review, revise or approve the September, 20 2022 meeting minutes. Approved 5-0-0
- Questions or Issues Brought by Members of the Public-No members of the public attended.
- Speed Cart Deployments: OCSD & VSP. None reported.
- Review and Discussion of OCSD Activities including Patrol Hours, Reports and Bills-8.25 hours of patrols for a cost of $429.00 noted with 3 different deputies working.
- FEMA Model Review Letter. Noted as good background information. No action by the Committee.
- Upcoming Events Involving Brookfield: None reported.
- E-911 House Number Signs Project. Currently there are 18 persons ordering a total of 37 signs. More orders are expected before the deadline of October 31, 2022.
- E-911 Coordination. No further action reported.
- Traffic Sign Deployment Status. The road crew is installing traffic signs town wide including “No Parking” signs near Hippo Park.
- Vehicle, Pedestrian, Horse, and Bicycle Safety. Discussion revealed the need for further education to mitigate likely conflicts between vehicle drivers and other modes of transportation.
- Town Website Update Status. The Select Board is developing solutions for the up-grade.
- Traffic Ordinance Approval Status. After discussion it was decided to recommend that the revised ordinance without the addendum be approved by the select Board at its next meeting. It was noted that because the Judicial Bureau Waiver penalties change often that it could be a significant burden for the committee and the Select Board to make frequent changes to the addendum. Approved 5-0-0.
- Front Porch Forum Posting Limits. Because it has been difficult to discover if there is a policy for how many posts can be made in a given period of time, posts will be made as needed.
- Parking Issues & Improvements in Brookfield- The expansion of the Town Office parking lot with improved drainage was noted.
- October Public Safety Message- Approved 5-0-0. S. Edson to post on town website and L. Stowell to post on Front Porch Forum.
- Setting the Location and Date/Time of the Next Meeting- The committee will meet on the 3rd Wednesday of the month. For November that will be 11/16/2022 at the Town Office. Edson to ask the Select Board about the current Covid Policy/guidance for meetings.
- Inviting Guests to the Next Meeting- None to be invited because of the upcoming holidays.
- Final Public Comment- No members of the public attended
Entertain a motion to adjourn the meeting. Approved 5-0-0 and adjourned at 6:46 PM.