Town of Brookfield
May 27, 2019 at 6:30 P.M.
Town Clerk’s Office
Present: Cory Haggett, Jeff Kimmel
1. Call to Order – 6:45 p.m. (Note: On motion of Mr. Kimmel, Mr. Haggett second, Mr. Hagget agreed to act as Chair for this meeting.)
2. Adjustments to Agenda – None
3. Public Comment – None
4. New Business:
A. Highway – Bear Hill Road Culvert Project: Administrative Assistant Kasey Peterson contacted the state Agency of Transportation regarding the status of the project and the agency’s timelines, along with inquiring about the effect of the multiple storms on the agency’s schedule. AoT offered to amend the grant to allow the Town to hire an engineering firm. Board members indicated a preference to have AoT continue to provide management and engineering for the project. The project deadline is October 31, 2019.
B. Public Assemblage Permits – Brookfield Community Partnership: the Board reviewed the 14 applications for upcoming events at the Old Town Hall; Mr. Haggett made a motion to approve them, Mr. Kimmel second: 2-0-0. All applications were signed and dated, and will be posted at the Town Offices.
C. Proposed Changes to the Personnel Policy – Ms. Peterson has marked up proposed changes to the existing policy, which Board members reviewed. Action will be deferred until the next meeting, when Chair John Benson is expected to be present.
D. Administrative Assistant Paperwork: on motion of Mr. Haggett, Mr. Kimmel second (2-0-0), the Board approved a revision to the pay schedule for the AA, effective June 1, 2019.
5. Old Business: Approve Minutes of May 13, 2019 meeting: Mr. Hagett made a motion to approve the Meeting Minutes of May 13, 2019; Mr. Kimmel second: 2-0-0.
6. Payroll/AP Warrants: Mr. Haggett made a motion to pay the warrants totaling $17,369.12 with large bills that include Kirk Yard Services (East Hill Cemetery fence): $6,500.00; BCBS – VT (Health Insurance): $3,934.30; McCullough Crushing (April 15, 2019 Storm): $1,733.00. Mr. Kimmel second: 2-0-0.
7. Other Proper Business – None
8. Mr. Kimmel made a motion to adjourn at 7:20 p.m., Mr. Haggett second: 2-0-0.