MINUTES OF THE BOARD OF LIBRARY TRUSTEES, 8/30/16
Present and Voting: Amy Borgman, Dan Childs, Emily Noyes, Kym Anderson
Present and not Voting: Laura Rochat (Librarian)
Absent: Catherine Wright
1. Minutes were accepted.
2. TREASURER’S REPORT: Library continues to be in good financial shape. Emily Noyes checked the financials with Dan.
3. LIBRARIAN’S REPORT: Laura reports that the various passes are being used and the library continues to host many visitors and borrowers. We have no way of knowing how many people are visiting the Story-Walk and the 2 week limit for borrowing the stories is frustrating. The Invasives Program was well attended ( 38 folks) and lasted several hours. A suggestion was made to have Mike do a follow-up program with us next Spring.
4. Kym updated us on the upcoming Spelling Bee, scheduled for September 25, 2016.
-Spelling Lists have been uploaded to the Town Web-site
-Kym and Laura will be sending out advertising/posters to the Towns through the Herald and Front Porch Forum. -Dan will follow-up on the microphone availability.
-Amy will buy 3 gallons of cider and 15 $5.00 ice-cream gift certificates and get these to Kym.
A Potluck will be held following the Spelling Bee; this will be facilitated by Kristine Donnaly through the OTH.
5. Our Annual Library Book Sale will be held Sunday October 2, 2016 alongside the autumnal Floating Bridge Farmer’s Market, from 12-4. Books will be taken from the Town Hall attic on October 1 when the Library closes and moved downstairs. They will be moved to the OTH Sunday at 9:30 AM.
6. The next Trustee Meeting will be held Thursday October 6, 2016 at 6:30 PM.