BROOKFIELD PUBLIC SAFETY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2020, 5:30 PM
BROOKFIELD CONGREGATION CHURCH (Corner of RT 65 and Ridge Rd, Basement)
The following members attended: Stuart Edson, Michael Rutkovsky, Mike Stoddard and Lew Stowell.
- 5:30 PM: Call to Order- No additions or deletions were made to the agenda
- Review and approve of Unapproved Minutes September 30, 2020 meeting. Approved 4-0.
- Open public comment period- No members of the public attended.
- Continuing Review of OCSD Activities, Reports and Bills to include:
- Patrol Hours and Budget- No report available for September.
- Speed Cart Results- West Brookfield Road Northbound deployment reviewed.
- Committee to meet with Sheriff Bohnyak about improved contract for FY2022.
- Parking in Pond Village- No change.
- Town Traffic Enforcement Capability
- Over Weight and Over Sized Status- Procedure reviewed and approved with one change. Change to be sent to the Select Board.
- Traffic Sign Status- Status reports and recommendations presented to the Select Board on October 12,2020 by L. Stowell. Town road crew completing an inventory of traffic signs on the 14 town roads with speed limits. Traffic signs to be ordered. There was discussion about looking into contractors installing traffic signs if the road crew is unable to bring the town roads into compliance with traffic signs.
- Traffic Studies-No further action.
- Ordinance Review- L Stowell to find out if cautionary signs are required to be in ordinance. Additional roads for speed limits being considered.
- E-911 Sign Status- M. Rutkovsky has made 10 calls and most house number signs not yet picked up belong to property owners from out of state unable to come to Brookfield because of the virus. A new sign order may be requested. Stowell to check with T. Godfrey.
- Emerald Ash Borer Progress-Kits minus bait stored at L. Stowell’s workshop. Forrer to prepare plan for deploying the kits in the Spring of 2020.
- Public Safety Advisory Committee Website and Email Use. Edson installed message advising that emergencies should be directed to response agencies and not the committee.
- November Public Safety Message- M. Rutkovsky to create message for November.
- Setting the Next Meeting- November 18, 2020 at 5:30 PM at the Congregational Church.
- Inviting Guests to the Next Meeting- Sherriff Bohnyak and Select Board member Dennis LaRocque will be invited.
- Entertained a motion to adjourn the meeting- Approved 4-0. Adjourned at 7:15PM.