BROOKFIELD PUBLIC SAFETY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
WEDNESDAY JUNE 24, 2020, 5:30 PM
BROOKFIELD CONGREGATION CHURCH (Corner of RT 65 and Ridge Rd, Basement)
The following members attended: Stuart Edson, Michael Rutkovsky, Mike Stoddard and Lew Stowell.
- 5:30 PM: Call to Order
- Additions or deletions to the agenda- None made.
- Review and approve previous of May 27, 2020 meeting minutes, Approved 4-0.
- Open public comment period- No members of the public attended.
- Continuing Review of OCSD Activities, Reports and Bills to include:
- Patrol Hours and Budget- The May 2020 bill overcharged by using next year’s rates. L Stowell will contact Select Board. Also requesting clarity about executing Federal Search warrants.
- Speed Cart Results- Members were happy with the results of the last two deployments. They were of short duration and provided good data. It was noted that 10 of the 14 vehicles that exceeded 40 mph in Pond Village did so during daylight hours.
- Other-Members are not clear if OCSD has all of the current town ordinances and how they are transmitted to deputies on patrol in Brookfield. L Stowell to check with the Select Board.
- Parking in Pond Village- Committee still concerned about the lack of parking in Pond Village and the Floating Bridge. They are looking forward to the expansion of the Town Office parking lot.
- Town Over Weight and Over Sized System Project Progress-The committee recommends that a public meeting be held soon about weight limit signs and enforcement. The Select Board promised a public meeting at the Town Meeting in March. This may have to be conducted by phone conference, internet or other approved socially distanced method. L Stowell will check with DMV to see if specific weight limits for bridges are displayed on the DMV website.
- E-911 Sign and Traffic Sign Status- L Stowell to contact Jeff Kimmel about the status of sign orders using FY 20 funds.
- Emerald Ash Borer Progress-The traps have arrived. K Forrer to mobilize volunteers to put them up.
- Public Safety Advisory Committee Website Use- More work to be done.
- PM: July Public Safety Message- The message will include information about the OCSD Speed Cart and the continued use of masks and social distancing.
- Setting the Next Meeting- July 29 at 5:30 PM at the Brookfield Congregational Church.
- Inviting Guests to the Next Meeting- Jeff Kimmel from the Select Board will be invited because of his oversight of the town roads and the road crew.
- 6:50 PM Entertained motion to adjourn meeting: Moved by S Edson, Seconded by M Rutkovsky, passed 4-0.