BROOKFIELD PUBLIC SAFETY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
WEDNESDAY JANUARY 15, 2020, 5:30 PM
BROOKFIELD TOWN OFFICE,
40 RALPH ROAD, BROOKFIELD, VT
The sequence may be varied to accommodate members of the public and guests.
The following members attended: Stuart Edson, Michael Rutkovsky and Lew Stowell.
- Review and Approve Minutes of December 18, 2019. Approved.
- Questions or Issues Brought by Members of the Public. None attended.
- Continuing Review of OCSD Activities, Reports and Bills. Nine hours of patrolling at a cost of $423.00 were performed with 3 Written Citations and 6 Written Warnings issued in Brookfield in December 2019. S. Edson to check with VSP Royalton to update the committee’s awareness of VSP availability for patrols.
- Site Visit at 2141 Stone Road Continued Discussion. No further action
- Town Over Weight and Over Sized System Project Progress: L. Stowell presented his presentation to the January 13, 2020 Select Board and the Select Board’s requests of the Committee. A revision of the current overweight permit system was discussed and agreed upon. L. Stowell to prepare town highway priorities for weight limit signs erection following guidance agreed upon by the committee to include bridges in Brookfield to have the first priority. S. Edson to contact contractors with sign erection experience to obtain rough estimates of the cost to erect signs if the town provides the materials.
- E-911 Sign and Traffic Sign Status. M. Rutkovsky reported that persons who have not yet picked up their E-911 signs have been called.
- FY 2021 Budget Items. The Select Board has closed the draft FY 2021 Budget for new requests.
- Brookfield Fire Department Smoke & CO2 alarm program: No further action.
- Emerald Ash Borer Progress. K. Forrer to lead an Ash tree inventory on East Hill Road area, East Street, West Street, Ridge Road and Stone Road. M. Rutkovsky to assist K. Forrer with inventories. K. Forester to obtain information on EAB trap costs and prepare a request for estimates for contractors to remove Ash trees. Traps placed on East Hill and West Street in 2019 had negative results. K. Forrer to look into other EAB response options.
- Public Safety Advisory Committee Website Use. S. Edson reported that Google Analytics is now operating on the Public Safety Page of the Town Website and will provide data on activity on the Public Safety Page.
- February Public Safety Message. L. Stowell to provide the Safety Tip message for February.
- Setting the Next Meeting: February 26, 2020
- Inviting Guests to the Next Meeting. No guests to be invited.
- Adjournment. 7:03 PM.