Town of Brookfield Selectboard Meeting
June 13, 2022
Present: John Benson, Chair, Betty Lord, Dennis LaRocque, Stuart Edson, Curtis Koren, members; Vicki Blanchard, Administrative Assistant; Amy Ingrassia, Assistant Treasurer; Jack Zebora, David Doda
A. Call To Order – Mr. Benson called Selectboard meeting to order at 6:30 pm
B. Adjustments to Agenda – Town office network and server moved from Old Business to here. Mr. Edson introduced Mr. Doda who is President of Earthcare Technologies, Inc. and has help fix a few issues with the Town system. Mr. Doda gave an overview of the system and said we do not need a new server. Mr. Benson made a motion for Mr. Doda to go through the equipment and then come back with recommendations on any improvements that might be needed. The Board signed a contract with Mr. Doda beginning June 4, 2022 through June 30, 2023 to be the Town’s IT Support person. Mr. Edson seconded the motion which was carried unanimously 5-0-0
C. Public Comments
1. Cram Hill Road – Mr. Benson talked to VLCT (Vermont League of Cities and Towns) attorney regarding a right-of-way situation there. Mr. LaRocque will go over and take a look at the site and see if he can see any thing else that might be able to be done. Mr. Benson is waiting to hear back from the attorney with more information.
D. Payroll and AP Warrants – Ms. Lord made a motion to accept the AP and Warrants as presented with a total of $29,276.72, with the highest payment being made to Vermont League of Cities and Towns Property and Casualty in the amount of $7,249.25. Ms. Koren seconded the motion which carried unanimously 5-0-0
E. Highway Report – Mr. LaRocque said the road crew has been grading and hauling sand all week. He also reported that the new truck is now in Maine and hopefully it will be done sooner. Mr. LaRocque and Mr. Higgins met with an possible candidate for the road crew position and reported that he has a lot of knowledge with large equipment. Currently he does not have a CDL but the Town would be willing to send him for training and Mr. LaRocque will look into this. The roadside mowing has been completed. The Town is looking into purchasing more sand and salt this summer since it will be going up in price next year.
F. New Business – none
G. Old Business
1. Old Stage Road (TH45) – Mr. Benson talked with VLCT regarding this matter also and Ms. Lord is going to contact Steve Hill to get the map he has and then get the Town map updated correctly. Mr. Benson also heard from Dennis Hill requesting that the road be graded and maybe have some gravel added to fix it.
2. Hippo Park – Ms. Lord reported that the cost to fix Hippo Park was probably going to cost $6,000. They plan to use the money that has been set aside to do this. Mr. Edson made a motion to authorize the money of up to $6000. be used for Hippo Park and Ms. Koren seconded the motion which carried unanimously 5-0-0
3. Town office network and server – moved to Adjustment to Agenda see above.
4. Sign Personnel Policy – this was signed and filed.
H. Meeting Minutes
1. May 23, 2022
2. May 31, 2022 – Ms. Lord made a motion to accept both meeting minutes, Mr. Edson seconded the motion which carried unanimously 5-0-0
I Other Proper Business
1. Mr. Edson brought to the Board’s attention that Mike Fiorillo who is the Administrative Officer for the Zoning Board has fulfilled his 3 year term and needs to be reappointed so Mr. Benson made a motion to reappoint Mr. Fiorillo as Zoning Administrative Officer for another 3 year term. Mr. LaRocque seconded the motion which carried unanimously 5-0-0
2. Mr. Benson spoke to Ted Elzy regarding the stormwater and water garden project near the Town office and they plan to walk the area and scope out what needs to be done. Ms. Koren will talk with Ted to setup a good time to meet.
3. Mr. Benson is going to meet with Charlie Gilman to get going on some project in town because summer is going to fast.
4. Mr. Benson spoke to VLCT about what the Town should do regarding Chris White wanting to sell cannibus. Mr. Edson is going to do more research on this cannibus bill. The Town needs to get something in the Towns bylaws soon.
J. Adjournment – Mr. Benson made a motion to adjourn at 9:00pm., Mr. LaRocque seconded the motion, and there being no further business to come before the Board, the meeting was unanimously adjourned.