Town of Brookfield
Town Clerk’s Office
9 November 2020 at 6:30 p.m.
Those Present: John Benson, Chair; Jeff Kimmel, Board Member; Dennis LaRocque,
Board Member; Tim Higgins, Road Crew Foreman; and Betty Lord, Secretary
- Call to Order: the meeting was called to order by Mr. Benson at 6:32 p.m.
- Adjustments to the Agenda: none
- Public Comments: none
- Audit Report: the Board reviewed the Town financial report prepared by Fothergill, Segale & Valley dated June 30, 2019. Mr. Benson made a motion to accept the report as presented. Mr. Kimmel seconded and the report was accepted unanimously.
- Highway Report: Mr. Higgins reported the Road Crew has been busy clearing ditches and preparing the roads for winter. He also asked for a clarification on a number of roads as to their classification and maintenance.
- Highway Department Debit Card: Mr. Higgins was advised to talk with Ms. Peterson in the Town Clerk’s Office to arrange for a debit card to be used mainly for the purchase of gasoline.
- Highway Department Phone: Mr. Higgins was advised to arrange for a phone for his use in Town business. The phone should include access to weather reports and have a camera.
- Old Business
LEMP Adoption Form: the Board members signed the adoption form for the Local Emergency Management Plan for the Town which had previously been updated by Mr. Richard Doolan, Director of Emergency Management for Brookfield, and approved by the Board.
The Board signed off on a utility license/work permit for Washington Electric Cooperative Inc. for activities on Old Cross Road. ECFiber has requested approval for a utility license for previous work on East Street. A West Street site is also under review for a utility license for previous work.
- Approval of the Minutes from the 26 October 2020 Meeting: Mr. Kimmel made a motion to accept the minutes as presented. Mr. LaRocque seconded and the minutes were approved as presented.
- Payroll and AP Warrants
Mr. LaRocque moved to accept the Accounts Payable Warrants in the amount of $15,439.58 with the largest amount being payable to BCBS/VT in the amount of $8,819.83. Mr. Kimmel seconded the motion which was unanimously approved
- Other Proper Business
Mr. Benson made a motion to appoint Mr. LaRocque, on a temporary basis, to work with the Brookfield Board of Adjustment to help with the workload of that Board. Mr. Kimmel seconded the motion which was unanimously approved.
Mr. Higgins was asked to contact the Town of Randolph to find out what they are paying for sand; the Board is investigating fair market rates for sand as part of planning for a potential sand pit operation at the Sprague Farm. Mr. Higgins was also asked to get a cost estimate for clearing an acre of land at the proposed Sprague pit and then recovering it after the sand is harvested.
- There being no other business to come before the Board the meeting was unanimously adjourned at 7:56 p.m.