TOWN OF BROOKFIELD ANNUAL MEETING WARNING
The legal voters of Brookfield are hereby warned to meet for the annual Town Meeting at the Brookfield Elementary School (1725 Ridge Road), on May 22, 2021 at 10:00 A.M. to transact the following business:
- To elect all officers as required by law for the ensuing year by Australian ballot. For this purpose, the polls will be open from 9:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.
- To hear and act on reports of the Town Officers.
- To see if the Town will authorize the Selectboard to borrow money in anticipation of revenues.
- To see if the Town will vote to have all taxes paid into the Treasury as provided by law in two installments, and if so, to set the dates.
- To approve a 12-month budget for the financial year of July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022 to meet the expenses and liabilities of the Town General Fund and to authorize the Selectboard to set a tax rate sufficient to provide the same.
- To see if the Town will authorize the Selectboard to purchase a new Town Dump Truck. The cost not to exceed $198,000 and to be financed over a three-year period of 2021 to 2023.
- To approve a 12-month budget for the financial year of July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022 to meet the expenses and liabilities of the Town Highway Fund and to authorize the Selectboard to set a tax rate sufficient to provide the same.
- A. To see if the Town of Brookfield will vote to have 5 members on the Selectboard by floor vote at Town Meeting on May 22, 2021 (17 V.S.A. 2650(b)(1)).
B. If the above is passed, per Brookfield Town Meeting standards, set the date of a Special Election by Australian Ballot, not less than 60 days from this vote for adding 2 new Selectboard Members. Anyone interested in being elected will need to submit a “Candidate Consent” form to the Town Clerk 30 days from the date of this vote (17 V.S.A. 2650(b)(2)(A)). Special Election date will be determined by the actual Town Meeting 2021 adjusted date.
C. To see if the voters of Brookfield will increase the budget by $1,200 for the 2 additional Selectboard Member stipend, if section A of this article is approved.
9. To transact any other proper business.
Dated at Brookfield, Vermont, this 12th day of April 2021.
Attest: Teresa Godfrey, Town Clerk
Note: the Brookfield Selectboard respectfully requests that Town Meeting attendees please bring their own chairs and wear COVID protection (masks).
There will be an informational meeting about the Town Budget at the regularly scheduled Selectboard meeting (May 10, 2021, 6:30 p.m., Brookfield Town Office) preceding the Town Meeting.