TOWN OF BROOKFIELD ANNUAL MEETING
The legal voters of Brookfield are hereby warned to meet for the annual Town Meeting at the Brookfield Elementary School auditorium at 1725 Ridge Road, Tuesday, March 7, 2017 at 10:00 A.M. to transact the following business:
- To elect all officers as required by law for the ensuing year by Australian ballot. For this purpose, the polls will be open from 9:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.
- To hear and act on reports of the Town Officers.
- To see if the Town will authorize the Selectboard to borrow money in anticipation of revenues.
- To see if the Town will vote to have all taxes paid into the Treasury as provided by law in two installments, and if so, to set the dates.
- To see if the Town will authorize support of Big Heavy World for the sum of $250.00.
- To see if the Town will vote to approve the discontinuance and disbanding of the Brookfield Cemetery Commission, with authority over the Town cemeteries to revert to the Selectboard (per 18 VSA 5381).
- To approve a 12 month budget for the financial year of July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018 to meet the expenses and liabilities of the Town General Fund and to authorize the Selectboard to set a tax rate sufficient to provide the same.
- To see if the Town will authorize the Selectboard to complete a property line adjustment with the property owners adjacent to the Town Garage property, consisting of the following:
- Transfer of ____ acres from adjoining parcel 89 to the Town Parcel 88.
- Transfer of ______ acres from adjoining parcel 90.1 to the Town Parcel 88 in exchange for an access easement for Parcel 90.1, across Parcel 88 along the western boundary of Parcel 88 to its intersect with the VT Route 65 Right-of-Way.
- Payment to be either in cash or an adjustment of property taxes for the adjoining landowners.
9. To see if the Town will authorize the Selectboard to purchase a new Grader for up to 290,000, and to determine whether the terms for such purchase shall be payment in full in the first year, installments over a term of years, or leasing the equipment.
10. To approve a 12 month budget for the financial year of July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018 to meet the expenses and liabilities of the Town Highway Fund and to authorize the Selectboard to set a tax rate sufficient to provide the same.
11. To transact any other proper business.
Dated at Brookfield, Vermont, this 4th day of February 2017.
Attest: Teresa Godfrey, Town Clerk__
There will be an informational meeting about the Town Budget on Monday evening, February 27, 2017 at 7:00 P.M. at the Town Clerk’s Office