BROOKFIELD PUBLIC SAFETY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
WEDNESDAY JUNE 7, 2017 5:30 PM, BROOKFIELD TOWN CLERK’S OFFICE, RALPH ROAD, BROOKFIELD, VT
Attending were the following PSAC members: Stuart Edson, Mike Stoddard, Joy Kacik, and Lew Stowell
- REVIEW AND APPROVE MINUTES OF APRIL 19, 2017 MEETING. Approved unanimously.
- QUESTIONS OR ISSUES BROUGHT BY MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC. No public attendees.
- CONTINUING REVIEW OF OCSD ACTIVITIES, REPORTS AND BILLS. Tabled to next meeting as OCSD was unavailable. It was observed that OCSD had successfully enforced parking near the Floating Bridge.
- DISCUSS OCSD PATROL ASSIGNMENT STRATEGY. Tabled to next meeting as OCSD was unavailable.
- CONTINUING DISCUSSION ABOUT DEVELOPING A SET OF GOALS AND EXPECTATIONS FOR OCSD SUPPORT OF PUBLIC SAFETY IN BROOKFIELD. Tabled to next meeting as OCSD was unavailable and comments and recommendations of OCSD not received.
- DISCUSSION OF BROOKFIELD TRAFFIC ORDINANCE REVISION. The committee reviewed Revision 4 of the draft ordinance and supporting documents and decided upon changes which will incorporated into Revision 5. Stuart Edson and Lew Stowell agreed to create a cover letter that described the process which led to the draft ordinance and the reasons underlying the recommended draft and to present them to the Select Board at a future Select Board meeting.
- DISCUSSION OF RECOMMENDING A PUBLIC NUISANCE ORDINANCE. The committee agreed that this would be better incorporated into the existing animal and pet ordinance.
- REVIEW PROGRESS OF THE TRAFFIC AND ROAD SIGN INVENTORY. The committee may decide to bring the inventory up to date with conditions existing at the time the ordinance is approved by the Select Board but further responsibility should be assumed by the town Road crew.
- DISCUSSION OF POND VILLAGE & STONE ROAD PARKING STATUS. Sheriff Bohnyak will be made aware of the recent Select Board letter to Ariel’s Restaurant.
- DISCUSSION OF POST OFFICE OUTDOOR BULLETIN BOARD STATUS. The committee recommends that the Select Board have the town road crew assume responsibility for the maintenance of the outdoor bulletin board at the Brookfield Post Office. Neither the USPS or the property owner will accept responsibility and it is the most frequently traveled venue for posting official town documents.
- SETTING THE NEXT MEETING. July 19, 2017 at 5:30 PM
- INVITING GUESTS TO THE NEXT MEETING. Sheriff Bill Bohnyak will be invited. This date may have to be changed if the Sheriff cannot attend or a quorum cannot be achieved.
- The meeting adjourned at 6:47 PM.