BROOKFIELD PUBLIC SAFETY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
WEDNESDAY MARCH 20, 2019 5:30 PM
BROOKFIELD TOWN OFFICE,
40 RALPH ROAD, BROOKFIELD, VT
The following members attended: Mike Stoddard, Stuart Edson, Michael Rutkovsky and Lew Stowell.
Kate Forrer attended as a guest, Steve Schaefer and Dennis Laroque attended as members of the public.
1. Review and Approve Minutes of February 27, 2019. Approved unanimously
2. Questions or Issues Brought by Members of the Public.
Steve Schaefer asked why TH 56 Church Street has traffic signs. He also suggested that the ash trees that are cut because of the EAB Plan be turned into lumber to be used in town construction projects such as the Town Garage addition. Both items were discussed and will be considered in the future.
3. Continuing Review of OCSD Activities, Reports and Bills. The OCSD Patrol Reports were discussed along with the monthly spread sheet showing hours and costs to date. It was noted that there is $7,791 remaining to be spent in the FY 2019 OCSD contract in the next 4 months. It was also noted that there were 7 traffic stops made on Ridge Rd for speeding.
4. Continuing Review of Parking and Speed Enforcement on Stone Road. There was discussion of the traffic hazard at 2141 Stone Rd and the June 26, 1990 Brookfield Board of Adjustment Minutes. It was agreed to recommend to the Select Board that an attorney, perhaps the new Town Attorney, determine the enforceable legal strategy to guide any survey conducted to determine the Town ROW and other significant aspects of the issue.
5. Discussion of radar speed cart locations and schedule in 2019. The Draft Speed Cart Plan was discussed and approved. It was hoped that the cart would be deployed beginning in April.
6. New E-911 Sign Order. It was agreed that the signs will be advertised on Front Porch Forum by L. Stowell and the order submitted before the end of March.
7. Public Safety Advisory Committee Website Use. S. Edson to do more research on analytics.
8. Developing and implementing the Draft Emerald Ash Borer Threat Plan. The draft Task List was discussed. Kate Forrer made suggestions which were approved. Kate Forrer to ask members of the Conservation Commission whether they wanted to have a member participate on the EAB Task Force. Steve Schaefer’s suggestion on Ash to be included for consideration. M. Rutkovsky and M. Stoddard willing to assist with inventories.
9. April Public Safety Message. April Safety Tips message to be placed on the Public Safety page of the Town Website by S. Edson and on Front Porch Forum by L. Stowell.
10. Setting the Next Meeting. April 24, 2019 at 5:30 PM
11. Inviting Guests to the Next Meeting. No special guests to be invited but it was hoped that LT Scott Clouatre, OCSD might be able to attend.
12. Adjournment. Meeting adjourned at 6:58 PM.