PRESENT AND VOTING: Amy Borgman, Dan Childs, Laura Rochat, Cat Wright
ABSENT: Kym Anderson
GUEST: Emily Noyes
1. Minutes: The minutes from the Trustee Meeting from June were accepted.
2. Treasurer’s Report: Dan reports that the Library was the recipient of $378 from the Floating Bridge Celebration Committee. Treasurer’s Report was reviewed and we continue to be in good financial status. Financials were confirmed by Amy Borgman.
3. Librarian’s Report: Laura reports that the Library continues to be busy with many local and summer folks coming through. There have been 4 well attended summer Children’s Programs to date and none scheduled for August. The E-rate request has been submitted and approved (thank you, Laura).
4. Old Business:Jennifer Severidt, a Brookfield resident with Efficiency VT, has offered to do an Energy Audit for the Library. Dan has offered to contact Mike Foran, our former Board Member, to ask him what books we can purchase and donate to the Library in his name, to thank him for his time on the Board. Abby Child’s program on her work in Sierra Leone was attended by 5 people. We are still in communication with the Selectboard over Library Meeting Use Guidelines.
5. Upcoming Business: The Library Book Sale is to be held on August 16, 2015. We have PLENTY of books! Laura will put a notice on Front Porch Forum for someone to take the VHS tapes. Spelling Bee is scheduled to be held September 27, 2015 at the OTH. Future meeting time for the Library Board Meetings will the third Thursday of the month at 6:30 PM. The next meeting, therefore, is scheduled for August 20, 2015 at 6:30 PM.