BROOKFIELD PUBLIC SAFETY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Wednesday May 23, 2018 5:30 PM
Brookfield Town Office
Ralph Road, Brookfield, VT
The following members attended: Stuart Edson, Mike Stoddard, Dan Mason, Joy Kacik, Michael Rutkovsky and Lew Stowell. Deputy Kevin Wilson, OCSD attended as invited guest.
- Review and Approve Minutes of April 25, 2018. Approved unanimously.
- Questions or Issues Brought by Members of the Public. None attended.
- Acknowledgment of Gwynn Zakov’s resignation. Noted and accepted.
- Guest: Deputy Kevin Wilson, OCSD. Made no opening remarks but participated in the meeting.
- Continuing Review of OCSD Activities, Reports and Bills. Deputy Wilson explained that OCSD is expecting a new Website from which Brookfield could obtain patrol logs. L Stowell requested that until that website is operational that those logs be provided either on paper or digitally.
- OCSD Contract Recommendations: L Stowell will send modified recommendations to the Select Board.
- Continuing Review of Parking Enforcement and Pond Village Traffic Signs on Stone Road. M Rutkovsky to check with WEC about Power line ROW. S Edson to check I-89 surveys.
- Increasing Parking in Pond Village: Discussed the MacBruce property. L Stowell measured approximately 150′ by 75′ that might be useful. S Edson to go with R Peck to look at the property to see how much work it would take. D Mason to talk with AOT District Engineer about parking signs at the floating bridge.
- Reflective E-911 House Number Signs: D Mason reported that reflective E-911 house signs are 4″ by 14″ and cost $8.90 each. There are no volume discounts. Proposed and approved that the signs all be green. Signs may be have numbers horizontal or vertical at homeowner’s option. L Stowell will talk with T Godfrey and J Benson about the ordering process.
- Discussion of movable radar speed display signs: Deputy Wilson offered to have the OCSD Speed Cart placed at Brookfield Elementary School for a few days and once the 25 MPH signs are in place to place it North of Pond Village on Stone Road for a few days. Other possible locations for the Speed Cart not to be used until and unless appropriate signs are in place.
- June Public Safety Message: Original message to be used in July. New message to be written by L Stowell explaining new speed limits at Elementary School and Pond Village and also explaining details of the E-911 House Sign availability. S Edson to post on Front Porch Forum.
- Setting the Next Meeting: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 at 5:30 PM at the Town Office.
- Inviting Guests to the Next Meeting: D Mason to talk with DMV Enforcement about a guest.
- Adjournment: At 6:56 PM.