BROOKFIELD PUBLIC SAFETY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
WEDNESDAY JANUARY 23, 2019 5:30 PM
BROOKFIELD TOWN OFFICE,
40 RALPH ROAD, BROOKFIELD, VT
The following members attended: Mike Stoddard, Stuart Edson, Michael Rutkovsky and Lew Stowell.
1. Review and Approve Minutes of December 19, 2018. Approved unanimously
2. Questions or Issues Brought by Members of the Public. No members of the public attended.
3. Continuing Review of OCSD Activities, Reports and Bills. The OCSD bill for December has not been received yet.
4. Continuing Review of Parking Enforcement on Stone Road- Further action is up to the Select Board. The committee will be prepared to answer questions at the March Town Meeting.
5. Annual Report to the Select Board- Discussed and approved.
6. Public Safety Advisory Committee Report for the Town Annual Report- after discussion it was approved to submit the “Annual Report to the Select Board” in its entirety to Jeff Kimmel who is the editor of the town report.
7. Continuing Discussion of the of the Emerald Ash Borer threat. The draft EAB Plan was reviewed. It was agreed that it needed further work and would be handed out at the town meeting as a “draft”. The windshield inventory conducted by the RTCC Environmental Resource Management class and Kate Forrer on 1/23/2019 was discussed and it was hoped that the class might conduct further inventories. It was mentioned that if there is widespread assault of Ash trees by the Emerald Ash Borer in Brookfield as forecast, heavy equipment will be needed to cut and remove trees. If the cut trees could be chipped as biofuel, the cost to Brookfield taxpayers could be reduced substantially. There will need to be a presentation at the town meeting and it was hoped that Kate Forrer would be able to do at least the forestry portion. A request for additional volunteers to help on this project will be made at the meeting.
8. Discussion of movable radar speed display signs and the data that they produce. Captain Kyle Kapitanski, OCSD has been unable to get into the Speed Cart because the locks are frozen but will send the data as soon as he can gain entry.
9. February Public Safety Message. The February message will be about Winter safety around the home.
10. Setting the Next Meeting. Wednesday February 27, 2019 at 5:30 PM.
11. Inviting Guests to the Next Meeting. OCSD was unable to attend this meeting but plans to attend on February 27, 2019.
12. Adjournment. Adjourned at 6:36 PM.