BROOKFIELD PUBLIC SAFETY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 16, 2020, 5:35 PM
The Brookfield Public Safety Advisory Committee met remotely by electronic means as warned.
The following members attended: Stuart Edson, Michael Rutkovsky, and Lew Stowell. No members of the public attended.
- 5:35 PM: Call to Order: No additions or deletions were made to the agenda.
- Review and approve of November 18, 2020 meeting minutes-Reviewed and approved 3-0.
- Review and Discussion of OCSD Activities including Patrol Hours, Reports and Bills. L Stowell to check with OCSD about many patrol hours were performed in November and correct the bill. Also L. Stowell will confirm with OCSD that no patrols were performed in September and therefore there was no September bill.
- 2021 Contract Options Provided by Sheriff Bohnyak- The Committee recommends the $15,000 option proposed by Sheriff Bohnyak. 3-0. L Stowell to present the recommendations to the Select Board at an upcoming meeting.
- Town Over Weight and Over Sized System Project Progress- A public meeting is required.
- Traffic Sign Status: More signs have gone missing including the 25 MPH sign at the North End of Pond Village. The committee is awaiting the status of ordering signs from the current budget.
- Traffic Ordinance Final Review: S. Edson reported on his research of ordinances in nearby towns. Stowell reported that according to the Local Roads Program at the Agency of Transportation caution signs do not require listing in the ordinance. The committee will review and approve additional language in the draft ordinance at the January meeting.
- Budget Recommendations to the Select Board- The Committee recommends that the Select Board increase the sign budget from $6500 to $8500 for FY 22. We need to make more progress to catch up with replacing missing and damaged signs to make our traffic ordinance enforceable. L Stowell to present the recommendations to the Select Board at an upcoming meeting. Approved 3-0.
- Public Safety Advisory Committee Website Use- No Change.
- January Public Safety Message- L Stowell to send message models to M. Rutkovsky for reworking into the January message.
- Setting the Next Meeting- Wednesday, January 20, 2021 at 5:35 PM. It will be a virtual meeting.
- Inviting Guests to the Next Meeting-Tim Higgins, the new Road Foreman, will be invited.
- Motion entertained and made to adjourn meeting. Approved 3-0. Adjourned at 6:20.