BROOKFIELD PUBLIC SAFETY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
WEDNESDAY JULY 19, 2017 6:00 PM, BROOKFIELD TOWN CLERK’S OFFICE, RALPH ROAD, BROOKFIELD, VT
Attending were the following PSAC members: Stuart Edson, Kevin Joyal, and Lew Stowell; Guest: Sheriff William Bohnyak.
- REVIEW AND APPROVE MINUTES OF JUNE17, 2017 MEETING. Approved as written.
- QUESTIONS OR ISSUES BROUGHT BY MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC. None attended.
- CONTINUING REVIEW OF OCSD ACTIVITIES, REPORTS AND BILLS. Discussion with Sheriff Bohnyak about the payment of June 2017 bill. Edson and Stowell will inquire at the July 24 Selectboard Meeting.
- DISCUSS OCSD PATROL ASSIGNMENT STRATEGY. Sheriff Bohnyak agreed with the strategy of increased patrol hours in May, June, July, August and September with the caveat that unplanned events may affect the planned use of hours.
- CONTINUING DISCUSSION ABOUT DEVELOPING A SET OF GOALS AND
EXPECTATIONS FOR OCSD SUPPORT OF PUBLIC SAFETY IN BROOKFIELD. Sheriff Bohnyak agreed with the goals and expectations drafted by the committee.
- DISCUSSION OF THE BROOKFIELD TRAFFIC ORDINANCE REVISION AND PRESENTING IT TO THE SELECT BOARD. The ordinance and recommendations were reviewed and approved. Edson and Stowell will present them to the Select Board at their meeting on July 24. When the Select Board approves the Traffic Ordinance, OCSD will require a certified copy.
- DISCUSSION OF RECOMMENDING A PUBLIC NUISANCE ORDINANCE. The First Constable/ Animal Control Officer is interested in researching an addition to the existing Dog & Pet Ordinance that would address animals and fowl in public highways.
- REVIEW PROGRESS OF THE TRAFFIC AND ROAD SIGN INVENTORY. No recent activity.
- DISCUSSION OF POND VILLAGE & STONE ROAD PARKING STATUS. Parking situation has improved except when guests or customers park in the road. OCSD will monitor.
- DISCUSSION OF POST OFFICE OUTDOOR BULLETIN BOARD STATUS. The Town Clerk is exploring having the town purchase or build an improved bulletin board at the Brookfield Post Office.
- SETTING THE NEXT MEETING. August 16, 2017 at 5:30 PM, Brookfield Town Clerk’s Office.
- INVITING GUESTS TO THE NEXT MEETING. Keith Gallant will be invited.
- Adjourned at 7:26 PM.