BROOKFIELD PUBLIC SAFETY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 20, 2019, 5:30 PM
BROOKFIELD TOWN OFFICE, 40 RALPH ROAD, BROOKFIELD, VT
The following members attended: Mike Stoddard, Stuart Edson, Michael Rutkovsky and Lew Stowell. Teresa Godfrey assisted with recent developments as Town Clerk/Treasurer.
- Review and Approve Minutes of October 30, 2019. Approved
- Questions or Issues Brought by Members of the Public. No members of the public attended.
- Continuing Review of OCSD Activities, Reports and Bills. 13 hours of patrol provided.
- Review of Radar Speed Cart Deployments. Two deployments; no data received yet. Early Winter weather prevented deployment to West end of Northfield Road.
- Site Visit at 2141 Stone Road Discussion. Awaiting action by the Select Board
- Town Over Weight and Over Sized System Project Progress. Concern was expressed that there are still quite a few missing or damaged traffic and road name signs. It was noted that Brookfield has spent $18,533.93 on traffic and road name signs since 2011. An annual sign inventory is needed. Options were discussed for how the road crew could perform that inventory as part of their normal duties. Confirmation is being sought to find a statute or regulation that the town must place weight limit signs in addition to State weight limit signs at intersections with state paved highways. Edson following up with VTRANS Town Highway and Bridge Restrictions data base group on how the data base works. L Stowell continuing research on statutes and regulations. The Select Board will be presented options in how to enforce weight limits. There was discussion about whether to purchase and erect all the weight limit signs in a single year or to spread it over two or three years.
- E-911 Sign and Traffic Sign Status. The sign order from Vermont Correctional Industries has been received. M. Stoddard to put all 90 signs in numerical order to assist T. Godfrey in issuing the signs.
- Brookfield Fire Department Smoke & CO2 alarm program. No action taken.
- Emerald Ash Borer Progress. More work needed to identify an appropriate site.
- Public Safety Advisory Committee Website Use. Further work needed.
- November Public Safety Message. M Rutkovsky to prepare draft and send to L Stowell.
- Setting the Next Meeting. December 18, 2019.
- Inviting Guests to the Next Meeting. No Guests to be invited in December.
- Adjourned at 6:49 PM