BROOKFIELD PUBLIC SAFETY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
BROOKFIELD CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH, FIRST FLOOR
TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 20, 2022 5:30 PM
5:30 PM: Call to Order: There were no additions or deletions to the agenda.
- Review, revise or approve the August, 23 2022 meeting minutes. Approved as written. 5-0-0.
- Questions or Issues Brought by Members of the Public- No members of the Public attended.
- Speed Cart Deployments: OCSD & VSP- VSP Speed Cart needs repair. No OCSD deployments reported.
- Review and Discussion of OCSD Activities including Patrol Hours, Reports and Bills- S. Edson to check into June bill. August bill and report discussed.
- VSP “Survivermont” Status- No training opportunities reported.
- Upcoming Events Involving Brookfield– Morgan Mile Horse Race, October Fest Road Races and the Grinder Bike Race. Some Special Safety Tips may be issued. D. Mason to check into the Grinder. S. Edson to check into the Morgan Horse Race.
- E-911 House Number Signs Project- L. Stowell reported that T. Godfrey is contacting persons already requesting signs and 19 new E-911 house number signs have been requested and paid for.
- E-911 Coordination: The committee supports the efforts to provide accurate house numbers.
- Traffic Sign Deployment Status- S, Edson reported meeting with K. Sprague, Road Commissioner and that the town road crew is putting up needed traffic signs in areas where they are already working. More “No parking” signs will be placed on the West side of Stone Road in Pond Village.
- Vehicle, Pedestrian, Horse, and Bicycle Safety- Focused on in the September Safety Tips.
- Town Website Update Status- S. Edson reported that proposals for an update are being reviewed by the Select Board.
- Traffic Ordinance Status- The proposed ordinance may still be at the Town Attorney’s for review. S. Edson to check on the status of the proposed Traffic Ordinance.
- Front Porch Forum Posting Limits- L Stowell reported some of the limitations and will get more information.
- Parking Issues & Improvements in Brookfield- S. Edson to talk with T. Elzey about Stone Road entrance.
- September Public Safety Message- Approved L Stowell to publish September tips. M Stoddard to write October Tips.
- Setting the Location and Date/Time of the Next Meeting-Brookfield Town Office on Wednesday, October 19, 2022 at 5:30 PM. M Rutkovsky to send the Brookfield Congregational Church a thank you letter for hosting our meetings during the latter part of the pandemic.
- Inviting Guests to the Next Meeting- None invited.
- Final Public Comment- None
Entertain a motion to adjourn the meeting. Motion made by D. Mason and seconded by M. Rutkovsky. Approved 5-0-0 at 6:43 PM.