BROOKFIELD PUBLIC SAFETY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2020, 5:30 PM
BROOKFIELD CONGREGATION CHURCH (Corner of RT 65 and Ridge Rd, Basement)
The following members attended: Stuart Edson, Michael Rutkovsky, Mike Stoddard and Lew Stowell.
- 5:30 PM: Call to Order -No additions or deletions were made to the agenda
- Review and approve of Unapproved Minutes August 26, 2020 meeting. -Approved 4-0.
- Open public comment period- No members of the public attended.
- Continuing Review of OCSD Activities, Reports and Bills to include:
- Patrol Hours and Budget-12.5 hours of patrols in August costing $600.00, $11,216 remaining in budget. Committee to look at different language in FY 22 OCSD contract that might provide higher priority to patrols in months requested.
- Speed Cart Results-1deployment completed and 1 in progress this month in West Brookfield. A total of 9 deployments have been completed in 2020 with another one underway. If possible, this Fall, Ralph Rd. East bound may have a deployment as speeding has been reported there.
- Parking in Pond Village- No change.
- Town Traffic Enforcement Capability:
- Over Weight and Over Sized Status- L Stowell to complete recommendations and provide to Select Board.
- Traffic Sign Status- Recommendations approved and will be sent to Select Board-4-0.
- Traffic Studies- Recommend new Traffic Study of Northfield Rd by TRORC in 2021-4-0. TRORC results on East St., West St. and Stone Rd. being reviewed.
- Ordinance Review- underway with models from VLCT and Local Roads provided to committee members with recommendations due at November meeting.
- E-911 Sign Status- Some are still not picked up by out-of-state property owners because of the pandemic, maybe in 2021. Rutkovsky to make calls to be sure.
- Emerald Ash Borer Progress- EAB Test Kits stored.
- Public Safety Advisory Committee Website and Email Use- Caveats to be drafted by S. Edson warning users to use E-911 or other means to report emergencies.
- October Public Safety Message- L. Stowell to prepare a Fire Safety Message.
- Setting the Next Meeting- 5:30 PM on October 28, 2020 at the Brookfield Congregational Church.
- Inviting Guests to the Next Meeting- None to be invited, public welcome.
- Entertain a motion to adjourn the meeting- Adjourned at 6:55 PM. 4-0.