The Town of Brookfield, Vermont is seeking personable, public service-oriented applicants for the role of Administrative Assistant.
Essential functions of this position include:
• performing a wide range of day-to-day office operations and clerical work (making/filing copies, answering phones and emails, processing mail, maintaining office-related files, ordering supplies, etc.);
• carrying out human resources tasks (inputting, updating and maintaining employee records, tax forms, benefit information, etc.);
• maintaining communication and email correspondence with the Brookfield Highway Department, VTrans and other state, regional, and federal entities;
• performing grant tracking and research;
• providing assistance to the Selectboard (drafting and posting agendas, posting meeting minutes to the Town website, attending Selectboard meetings Monday evenings twice monthly, processing actions taken by the Selectboard from each meeting with follow-up, if necessary, processing various applications in compliance with Vermont Statutes, maintaining all records related to Selectboard business, conducting research and providing technical support to the Selectboard as requested, and serving as a point of contact for residents and the public-at-large).
This is predominately seated computer work and standing office-related work, which necessitates the ability to:
• file letters, correspondence, reports, etc. in file cabinet drawers and shelving ranging from 1 foot to 5 feet from the floor;
• move throughout Town building sites, including the Town Garage;
• reach and bend, to carry and lift documents or office equipment weighing up to 30 pounds;
• access and utilize overhead storage space.
The Administrative Assistant is a critical support position requiring organization, good time management, attention to detail, strong communication skills, and computer literacy.
Candidates should be reliable, friendly and courteous, and be comfortable distinguishing between public and confidential information and handling it appropriately.
Reliable transportation is required. This is a part-time position in the Town Office, under the general supervision of the Selectboard, approximately 16 hours a week. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please submit your resumé and cover letter electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Noon Friday, October 15, 2021.
The Town of Brookfield is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.