BROOKFIELD PUBLIC SAFETY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
WEDNESDAY JANUARY 24, 2018 5:30 PM
BROOKFIELD TOWN CLERK’S OFFICE RALPH ROAD, BROOKFIELD, VT
The following PSAC members attended: Stuart Edson, Kevin Joyal, Joy Kacik and Lew Stowell.
- Review and Approve Minutes of December 13, 2017. Reviewed and unanimously approved.
- Questions or Issues Brought by Members of the Public. None attended.
- Continuing Review of OCSD Activities, Reports and Bills. November and December OCSD bills reviewed. Expenditures and hours at 50% for the first half of the Fiscal year.
- Discussion of Goals and Objectives for Law Enforcement in Brookfield. Joy Kacik spoke with Sheriff Bohnyak and he provided her with answers and suggestions. Lew to provide Sheriff Bohnyak with the Annual Report.
- Continuing Review of Pond Village and Stone Road Parking Status. Stuart and Lew Stowell provided the results of the January 15, 2018 Select Board meeting including the directive to the Road Foreman to place speed signs on Stone Road as soon as possible. There was discussion about possible new parking spots in Pond Village.
- Report on the Status of the Revision of the Brookfield Traffic Ordinance Revision. Stuart and Lew Stowell provided the results of the public meeting on December 11, 2017 regarding the approved ordinance. Stuart will place the new ordinance on the town website.
- Review Status of Traffic and Road Signs in Brookfield. There was continuing discussion on implementation of sign replacement.
- Discussion of movable speed display signs. Lew presented research on radar speed display signs from a number of companies at a variety of prices. More research needs to be done.
- Establishing priorities of sign placement or replacement. Stuart and Lew presented the priorities for sign purchase and placement provided to the Select Board at their January 15, 2018 meeting.
- January Public Safety Message. Lew will send Stuart an electronic copy which Stuart will place on the Town Website.
- Discussion of Disaster Preparedness in Brookfield. Lew will contact Kasey Peterson for copies of current Brookfield plans relating to disaster preparedness. Handouts for the Town Meeting will be developed at the February 28 meeting.
- Setting the Next Meeting. February 28, 2018 at 5:30 PM.
- Inviting Guests to the Next Meeting. Warden Keith Gallant will be invited by Joy Kacik.
- Adjourned at 6:52 PM.