BROOKFIELD PUBLIC SAFETY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 27, 2019 5:30 PM
BROOKFIELD TOWN OFFICE,
40 RALPH ROAD, BROOKFIELD, VT
The following members attended: Mike Stoddard, Stuart Edson, Michael Rutkovsky and Lew Stowell.
LT Scott Clouatre, OCSD attended as a guest.
1. Review and Approve Minutes of January 23, 2019. Reviewed and approved unanimously.
2. Questions or Issues Brought by Members of the Public. None attended.
3. Joy Kacik’s resignation received and accepted. The committee appreciated the work she has done and acknowledged her busy work schedule out of state.
4. Continuing Review of OCSD Activities, Reports and Bills. The Committee requested that all of Stone Road be included in patrols. OCSD is planning to provide the Speed Cart for more times but shorter periods in 2019 with quicker turn around for data. The PSAC will provide a list of likely sites for the Speed Cart to LT Clouatre. Lt Clouatre’s cruiser parked at his new house on the edge of Pond Village may also be a deterrent to speeding in the village. Patrols will be more focused on drive times when possible. Patrol reports are to be more readable. The committee requested that bills and reports be sent out earlier in the month.
5. Continuing Review of Parking and Speed Enforcement on Stone Road- Deep snow has made a bad situation worse.
6. Discussion of movable radar speed display signs and the data that they produce. – Speed Cart data from 2018 still not available. There may be some second hand permanently mounted radar signs available soon.
7. New E-911 Sign Order- L Stowell to contact Vermont Correctional Industries (VCI) for pricing and shipping information for a new purchase opportunity to be offered at Town Meeting.
8. Public Safety Advisory Committee Participation in the Town Meeting- All of the committee members present will attend Town Meeting. A request will be made for additional members.
9. Public Safety Advisory Committee Email Group Use. S. Edson to add D. Mason and M. Rutkovsky to the list.
10. Continuing discussion of the of the Emerald Ash Borer threat and Draft Plan. Kate Forrer to make a short presentation and handouts will be on the chairs at Town Meeting.
11. March Public Safety Message. The draft message to be finalized by L. Stowell with assistance from LT Clouatre.
12. Setting the Next Meeting. March 20, 2019 at 5:30 PM at the Town Office.
13. Inviting Guests to the Next Meeting. None to be invited.
14. Adjournment. Meeting adjourned at 7:10 PM.