BROOKFIELD PUBLIC SAFETY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
WEDNESDAY September 26, 2018 5:30 PM
BROOKFIELD TOWN OFFICE
RALPH ROAD, BROOKFIELD, VT
- Review and Approve Minutes of August 22,2018: Approved unanimously.
- Questions or Issues Brought by Members of the Public: None attended.
- Continuing Review of OCSD Activities, Reports and Bills: Only 18.5 hours of patrols performed in this fiscal year. Dan Mason to explore an alternative provider or law enforcement services and report to committee at October meeting.
- Traffic Law Enforcement: Members received complaints about speeding and offers for places to place the speed cart or a cruiser with radar. L Stowell to contact OCSD.
- Continuing Review of Parking Enforcement on Stone Road: Committee awaiting second traffic study report from Two Rivers Ottaquechee Regional Commission (TRORC). S. Edson to contact Braintree for their experience with a similar situation. L Stowell to contact TRORC on likely report date.
- Keeping in Touch with the Select Board and Highway Department: L Stowell to brief J. Benson. See below.
- Discussion of the threat of the Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) on Town Roads and power lines. Received draft EAB plan from Randolph. That plan estimates healthy Ash tree removal by contractors at $300.00 each and unhealthy or dead Ash trees between $375.00 and $750.00 each. Stowell to send link to members. L. Stowell contacted GMP and will get their plan soon. L Stowell to contact Washington Electric Coop for their plan.
- Increasing Parking in Pond Village: S. Edson to contact R. Peck for status on exploration of town and MacBruce land adjacent to existing Town Office parking lot.
- Reflective E-911 House Number Signs Project Progress: Godfrey received a new lower price quote. D. Mason to check with provider (VCI) and confirm price and reflectivity and report to committee. Committee may have to contact purchasers and have checks replaced with new lower amounts.
- Discussion of movable radar speed display signs and the data that they produce: No recent data received. L Stowell to contact OCSD.
- October Public Safety Message. Stowell to write and send to S. Edson for website.
- Setting the Next Meeting: Wednesday October 24, 2018 at 5:30 PM.
- Inviting Guests to the Next Meeting: None invited, may have members of the public attend.
- Adjournment at 7:00 PM.