Town of Brookfield Selectboard Meeting
November 28, 2022
Present: Stuart Edson, Keith Sprague, Curtis Koren, members; Vicki Blanchard, Administrative Assistant; Amy Ingrassia, Assistant Treasurer. Michael Fitts. John Benson and Betty Lord were not present.
Ms. Koren nominated Mr. Edson to run the meeting tonight since Mr. Benson was not able to attend.
- Call To Order – Mr. Edson called the Selectboard meeting to order at 6:32 pm
- Adjustments to Agenda – none
- Public Comments – Mr. Fitts stopped in regarding the Parker Road bridge and the fact that he is unable to have propane delivered to his house due to the weight limit that is posted for the bridge. Mr. Sprague will consult with Mr. Benson and Mr. Higgins regarding a temporary fix. Mr. Sprague asked Mr. Fitts to find out what his propane dealer’s truck load requirement is and if they would be willing to deliver smaller amounts and Mr. Sprague will be back in touch soon.
- Payroll and AP Warrants – Mr. Edson made a motion to approve the AP Warrants as presented with a total of $109,131.68 with the largest payment being made to Northfield Savings Bank in the amount of $66,516.95. Ms. Koren seconded the motion which carried unanimously 3-0-0
- Highway Report – Mr. Sprague reported that the road crew have been plowing and sanding this week and they finished working on the trucks for winter. They also built shelving for storage in shed. The new truck has had problems and Mr. Higgins continues to work with Tenco. Mr. Higgins has been looking into a new one ton and getting prices. Mr. Sprague has a list of signs they have and signs they need to order. The road crew has been working on putting up these signs. To try and stop these signs from being taken down it was suggested cementing new signs in place but this is very time consuming. Mr. Edson will present this list to Lew Stowell from Public Safety.
- New Business
- TDS Telecom coverage on Howe Road and Eagle Peak – This is being tabled until the next meeting.
- Old Business – None
- Meeting Minutes
- November 14, 2022 – Ms. Koren made a motion to accept the November 14, 2022 minutes as present, Mr. Sprague seconded the motion which carried unanimously 3-0-0
- Other Proper Business
- Bear Hill Grant Status – Tabled until next meeting
- Fothergill Seagal & Valley letter – Tabled until next meeting
- Status Report – none
- Adjournment – Mr. Sprague made a motion to adjourn at 7:16 pm, Mr. Edson seconded the motion and there being no further business to come before the Board, the meeting was unanimously adjourned.