Town of Brookfield Selectboard Meeting
October 10, 2022
Present: John Benson, Chair; Betty Lord, Curtis Koren, Stuart Edson, members; Vicki Blanchard, Administrative Assistant; Amy Ingrassia, Assistant Treasurer. Keith Sprague was not present.
A. Call To Order – Mr. Benson called the Selectboard meeting to order at 6:35 pm
B. Adjustments to Agenda – none
C. Public Comments – none
D. Payroll and AP Warrants – Ms. Lord made a motion to approve AP Warrants as presented with at total of $24,279.23 with the largest payment being made to Benedini Artisan Well Company in the amount of $10,489.47. Mr. Edson seconded the motion which carried unanimously 4-0-0.
E. Highway Report – The new well at the garage is done and seems to have more pressure than the old one. Parker Road Bridge is complete with new planking. More road sign work was done over the past two weeks and the road crew has been dealing with more beaver problems at Twin Pond Road and Steve Allen Road. Since Mr. Edson is liasson with Public Safety he plans to consult with Mr. Stowell regarding emails to the road crew. The Town has received seven employee applications through Indeed and so far two interviews are setup for next Monday and two are promising. Two more arrived today and hopefully more interviews will be able to be setuup. There was one interview already but it was for parttime and he does not have a CDL for standard transmission.
F. New Business – none
G. Old Business
1. Quit Claim deeds for Old Stage Road (TH45) – The letters and deeds have been mailed out.
2. Town Garage bid update – Two addendums have been posted so far and there is a third one coming soon. Since the bid date is October 21st the Town is hoping for bids to start arriving soon.
H. Meeting Minutes
1. Ms Lord made a motion to accept the September 26, 2022 minutes as presented, Ms. Koren seconded the motion which carried unanimously 4-0-0
I. Other Proper Business
1. Adoption of the Updated Traffic Ordinance – will be tabled until 6:20pm at next meeting on October 24, 2022.
2. Show up for Brookfield – Ms. Koren gave an update on “Show Up for Brookfield” and gave out the flyer she created to the Board and said Mr. Edson and she were passing out as many as possible. This informal meeting will take place on October 16, 2022 in the Old Town Hall at 4 pm. Cider and doughnuts will be served.
J. Status Report – none
K. Adjournment – Ms. Lord made a motion to adjourn at 7:35 pm, Mr. Edson seconded the motion and there being no further business to come before the Board, the meeting was unanimously adjourned.