BROOKFIELD PUBLIC SAFETY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 19, 2018 5:30 PM
BROOKFIELD TOWN OFFICE,
40 RALPH ROAD, BROOKFIELD, VT
The following members attended: Dan Mason, Mike Stoddard, Stuart Edson, Michael Rutkovsky and Lew Stowell.
- Review and Approve Minutes of November 14, 2018: Approved unanimously.
- Questions or Issues Brought by Members of the Public: No Members of the Public attended.
- Continuing Review of OCSD Activities, Reports and Bills: Reviewed the bill for the October period of patrols. OCSD provided patrol logs for review.
- Continuing Review of Parking Enforcement on Stone Road: Determined that L. Stowell & S. Edson will present the Select Board with written recommendations to include placing it upon the March 5, 2019 Town Meeting Warning.
- Annual Report to the Select Board: Agreed that both this report and the one for the Town Annual Report be substantially the same.
- Public Safety Advisory Committee Report for the Town Annual Report: The draft circulated at the meeting will be revised by L. Stowell & S. Edson in places as discussed by the committee.
- Continuing discussion of the of the Emerald Ash Borer threat: Agreed to recommend to the Select Board that this issue should be on the March 5, 2019 Town Meeting Warning. Experts in the field could be invited to make presentations at the Town Meeting. One or more “windshield” inventories need to be performed to determine roads in Brookfield with the highest concentrations of Ash trees in the Town highway right of way. The option of hiring a contractor with a “Feller-Buncher” and other associated equipment should be recommended to the Select Board. Also, it is recommended that the option of having the contractor harvest all trees regardless of specie in the right of way which could lower the cost substantially be presented at the Town Meeting.
- Increasing Parking in Pond Village: Tabled until Spring 2019 because of the early Winter.
- Discussion of movable radar speed display signs and the data that they produce: More data is requested from OCSD on Speed Cart deployments in 2018. Stowell to request again.
- January Public Safety Message: Winter Back Road Safety Tips discussed. Stowell to write and send to S. Edson.
- Setting the Next Meeting: Wednesday January 23, 2019 at 5:30 PM.
- Inviting Guests to the Next Meeting: Captain Kyle Kapitanski, OCSD will be invited by L. Stowell.
- Adjournment: Meeting adjourned at 6:43 PM.