Mar 312018
 

BROOKFIELD PUBLIC SAFETY ADVISORY COMMITTEE

WEDNESDAY MARCH 28, 2018   5:30 PM

BROOKFIELD TOWN CLERK’S OFFICE  RALPH ROAD, BROOKFIELD, VT

UNAPPROVED MINUTES

The following members and guests attended: Stuart Edson, Kevin Joyal and Lew Stowell (members). Martin Prevost, Director of Licensing, Department of Liquor Control (Guest Speaker),  Dan Mason, Gwynn Zakov and Michael Rutkovsky (prospective members).

  1. Review and Approve Minutes of February 28, 2018. Approved unanimously.
  2. Explanation to Possible New Members with Materials. Brief background statement made by L. Stowell and distribution of copies of “A Guide to Open Meetings”- VT Secretary of State.
  3. Questions or Issues Brought by Members of the Public. None attended.
  4. Guest from the Vermont Department of Liquor Control, Martin Prevost, Director of Licensing. A very interesting presentation with questions and answers about the role of the Department of Liquor Control in both licensing and enforcement and how it could play in Brookfield. He emphasized the value of the role of local Select Boards in placing limitations on liquor licenses to fit local needs. His department is also charged with enforcement of under age drinking.
  5. Continuing Review of OCSD Activities, Reports and Bills. The February OCSD bill was reviewed and discussed. Stowell will scan and email the current OCSD contract to the members.
  6. Continuing Review of Parking Enforcement and Traffic Signs in Pond Village and on Stone Road. No visible improvement in the Stone Road parking situation yet.
  7. Discussion of the March 6 Town Meeting as it Relates to the PSAC. L.. Stowell gave a brief report about the appreciation expressed in the Town Report and at the meeting by the Select Board for the Committee’s work in 2017.
  8. Discussion of movable radar speed display signs. Interviews with Randolph Police Department and Traffic Safety Solutions were discussed but more research needs to be done.
  9. Familiarity with Brookfield Emergency Plans. Local Emergency Operations Plan & Disaster Mitigation Plan were discussed briefly and members are to review them for next meeting.
  10. April Public Safety Message. The message was approved and L Stowell will send a copy in Word to S. Edson to be put on the town website and to G. Zakov to put on Front Porch Forum.
  11. Approval of Possible New Members willing to Serve. Dan Mason, Gwynn Zakov and Michael Rutkovsky were all willing to serve and were approved unanimously.
  12. Setting the Next Meeting. April 25, 2018 at 5:30 at the Town Clerk’s Office.
  13. Inviting Guests to the Next Meeting. None to be invited.  Committee needs time to work on existing issues.
  14.  Adjournment.  The meeting was adjourned at 8:03 PM.