The Town of Brookfield
28 November 2016 at 6:30 PM
Town Clerk’s Office
Present: John Benson, Cory Haggett, Jeff Kimmel, Ray Peck (Road Foreman), Kasey Peterson (admin Assistant)
- Call to Order: 6:37
- Adjustments to Agenda
- Public Presentation or Comment – none
- Old Business
- Haggett made a motion to accept the minutes of the 14 November meeting as presented. Mr. Benson seconded. 3-0-0
- New Business
- Highway Report
- Peck had questions concerning the heat in the addition on the town garage. The electrical box at the garage is not enough to handle the extra power required for electric heat. A wall mounted propane heater seems to be the safest, most efficient way to proceed. Mr. Peck will contact Gillespie Fuels to inquire about the cost of installation.
- Mercier left a message at the garage regarding the plowing on Lavender Road over the Thanksgiving holiday. She was concerned about damage to her lawn and potential issues with her foundation. Mr. Peck will look into the situation.
- Old Post Road Bridge is done.
- The salesman from Caterpillar says he will consider a trade-in on our grader of roughly $39,000.
- Benson asked Mrs. Peterson to let the representatives of the town’s various boards and committees know that reports and budget requests would be greatly appreciated by the next meeting on 12 December.
- There was a short discussion on possible changes to cemetery maintenance. Dissolution of the Cemetery Commission would have to appear on the Town Meeting warning. No action taken at this time.
- Haggett made a motion to approve the warrants in the amount of $9,323.18. Mr. Benson seconded. 3-0-0 Large invoices included blue Cross Blue Shield for $3,283.15, S.D. Ireland for $1309.50 and Capital One for $1023.75.Other Proper Business
- Kimmel moved to adjourn at 7:32 Mr. Benson seconded. 3-0-0